Welcome!

An online space for queer, questioning, lesbian, bi, trans and everything else in between women at Yale

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sugarbush's Inaugural Sappho Blog Post

Hey guys, my name is Sugarbush, known as "Buisson de Sucre" in France and "Not Sour Shubbery" in Japan. This is my first post, and I figured I'd go with the traditional use of blogs and complain:

You know what I hate that is also a sexual double entendre? Being wet.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but it's sort been raining on New Haven for three days straight. I wake up and it's raining. I get out of class and it's raining. I go to bed and if it's not raining, it doesn't matter because the next f!cking morning I'll hear those hateful little drops attack my window. This would be all fine and dandy if I had a car or something, but now all I have to shield myself from this torrent is an umbrella that is falling apart and a pair of Converse. CONVERSE. Those things are better at soaking up liquids than sponges, or my alcoholic relatives, or me. All of this business results in me being really, incredibly, and unsexily wet.

However, I have something that will hopefully brighten everyone's dreary and midterm filled week. This is a banned episode of the 90's cartoon "Cow and Chicken", featured on Cartoon Network. Remember that? The parents who would only be shown from the waist down? That devil with no pants? Yeah, you do. This episode is called "Buffalo Gals." I'd say it's interesting, which is vague, but even if you don't agree it's rather short -- only seven minutes.

I put a link to the video here because it did that auto-play thing and no one likes that so they would stop reading my posts and I would have no friends.

To be honest, I love unusually adult topics being referenced in 90's cartoons but this is . . . probably better banned. It goes past the "restaurant in Rocko's Modern Life being called Chokey Chicken" level on risque-ness. The art of putting adult jokes in a kids cartoon is to do it oblique so that they don't know what it really means. Still funny seeing woman charging into a house to munch carpet, though.

Anyone weirded out by the fact these women are hitting on a cow? Just sayin'.

Stay dry,
Sugarbush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. that is def better banned. whyyy o whyy do they have to play softball?? and then.."she´s not man enough to be a buffalo girl" ahh

cow chicken trauma.