Welcome!

An online space for queer, questioning, lesbian, bi, trans and everything else in between women at Yale

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Back to my roots

It's April 1st, so I feel like I ought to be funny. Or write a long post that's totally inflammatory and false and then say APRIL FOOLS! at the end. But I've already been tricked once today and i must admit I didn't enjoy it very much. So instead, I'm going to write about what I was planning on writing about while I was walking back to JE from the calhoun cabaret, namely, getting back to my roots.
All this week I've been reminded of my good ole days but because my memory is not fantastic, I will start with yesterday and work back.

Confession: It's been a while since I've actually done any light design.

It took me a while to get my bearings in the cabaret light booth. It didn't help the matter that they haven't really finished setting up their own lighting rig yet, and an electrician, unfortunately, I am not. But anyhow, once I did, it was awesome. I bonded with some source fours, fought with some gels, finally figured out how to turn the house lights off without turning all the lights off. I went on and on about how "in my day light boards didnt come with touch screens".

I kinda miss doing theater tech. But I never really felt like I could break into Dramat. My priority isn't theater, I just think its fun. So I tried doing some prop stuff which was pretty dry until I did Rocky Horror which was awesome.

But Bad Romance has been a whole different story. This has reminded me of why I liked doing theater in the first place: working together with awesome people, being hands on, seeing an artistic idea (or ideas) brought to fruition.

Now if I can run the lights on Sunday without getting caught up in the performances, it will be perfect. In short: Come to the show!

--
Right now, I am live from the Peter Pan bus I am riding to Ithaca. Woo!

No comments: