Welcome!

An online space for queer, questioning, lesbian, bi, trans and everything else in between women at Yale

Thursday, April 22, 2010

On straight people

I realized the other day that I have a small bias against straight people. It's not that I don't like them, I just have less in common with them and I don't often make the effort to get to know them, unless we're on the same team or living together. This is particularly true for straight boys, who I hardly ever interact with any more. This is something I've been missing in my life of late, but something I'm pretty sure I can change next year. Meeting a bunch of boys who I know I'll be friends with next year made me realize that boys are just people who happen to look different from the regular people I interact with. Actually sometimes they don't even look that different, they just identify as boys.

Anyway, it was fun for me to realize that even though I'm not really friends with that many boys now, aside from gay boys and my two straight male friends from highschool, that I still like boys, and we can still hang out and have fun.

That's pretty much all I've got for today friends. Sadly I'm pretty run down and my gay flame isn't burning as brightly today as it might otherwise. Maybe next time I'll have something rivetingly gay to tell you all about, like Chip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today at lunch I was having the same conversation about my excitement to know straight guys next year! Good news.

May your days always be full of gayness as exciting as Chip.