Welcome!

An online space for queer, questioning, lesbian, bi, trans and everything else in between women at Yale

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

weird.questions.

So I haven't posted in like two weeks and I don't even get to say I've been incredibly busy. Mostly, I've just started to write something and it sounded stupid or I got distracted or whatever. Anyway as I was thinking about what to write this time, my roommate and a gay guy friend of mine were talking in my room. I wasn't really listening until I heard my roomie say "oh you're a downer right?" and my guy friend reply "you mean bottom?", "yeah". Hahaha
I don't know, that amused me and my super immature sense of humor alot and its one of the funnier things straight people have said about queerness around me. I mean, I'm sure (at least if you're more lipstick/not-super-butch) that you've heard "oh wow, you don't look like a lesbian, I thought lesbians didn't shave thier legs/shaved their heads/wore mens clothing etc". And I'm sure someone has asked you, about a date, girlfriend, or hook up "so are you the man or the woman". Clearly we are both women, that's why were not straight.
And I'm sure the bi's have heard "well atleast then you can pick a guy for long term". Umm sorry, last time I checked it didn't work that way. I'm not so much offended by these comments (although sometimes) as amused by the silly things people think...
So whats the wierdest question or comment someones made to you about queer identity/sex/relationships etc?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's mostly been "who's the man/woman in the relationship?" or "who's the top/bottom?"

Anonymous said...

Who's the real woman?

Anonymous said...

wtf with that one hahaa

Anonymous said...

Do you think about sex as much as guys do? Hahaha. (..debatable..)

Anonymous said...

How do lesbians have sex???

followed by hand gestures that try to resemble scissoring....mmm no......

Anonymous said...

"Isn't bisexuality fundamentally inconsistent with monogamy?"

Anonymous said...

"so for a bisexual to be truly sexually fulfilled they would have to be married to both a man and a woman at the same time, right?"

Anonymous said...

Are you turned on by yourself when you look in the mirror?